Swinging is fun and an adventurous activity. With all adventures there comes risk, as always you should be safe in your activities. Here are some risks and safety issues associated with swinging you should be aware of:
- PERSONAL INFORMATION - don't give information you wouldn't want exposed or shared.
- TRUST - be very careful if you don't know anything about the other peoples in the party.
- PERSONAL BORDERS - make sure to establish them and never ever agree to anything you are not comfortable with, clearly your preferences and limitations.
- PROTECTION - condoms are good for everyone, remember this simple rule and stick to it at all times.
- STD's - there are always risks of contracting a disease and it's better to know the basics:
- Chlamydia - Chlamydia is a very dangerous sexually transmitted disease as it usually has no symptoms; 75% of infected women and 25% of infected men have no symptoms at all.
- Gonorrhea - Gonorrhea is one of the most frequently reported STD. 40% of it's victims contract it and if not treated, and it can cause sterility.
- Hepatitis B - A vaccine exists, but there's no cure; can cause cancer of the liver.
- Herpes - Painful and episodic; can be treated but there's no cure.
- HIV/AIDS - First recognized in 1984, AIDS is the sixth leading cause of death among young men and women. The virus is fatal involving a long, painful death.
- Human Papalloma Virus (HPV) & Genital Warts - The most common STD, 33% of all women have this virus, which can cause cervical or penile cancer and genital pain.
- Syphilis - If untreated, can lead to serious damage of the brain or heart.
- Trichomoniasis - Can cause foamy vaginal discharge or no symptoms at all. Can cause premature birth in pregnant women.
SAFE SEX AND CONDOMS IS A MUST REGARDLESS OF WHAT SOMEONE MAY SAY ABOUT THEMSELVES